We carefully examined over 8 different tents for a total of 12 hours. And, now we can completely vouch for the NTK Cherokee GT Sports Camping Dome Tent as the best tent under 100 dollars margin. It excels in a number of areas including the comfort, safety, and durability that we expect from our ideal tent.
However, if you are on a budget then you can get a really good deal with Coleman Hooligan Tent in just 39.95 dollars. The sufficiently roomy size and tough material make it our perfect companion for all kinds of camping trips.
A budget-friendly tent may serve you in more ways than one. You can rely on its strength and all-around capability for all kinds of recreational outdoor activities without the need of burning a hole in your pocket. Also, can also replace it more frequently and easily in case you are not happy with the state of your current tent.
Factors To Consider Before Buying
Before buying an affordable and well-suited tent, you also need to keep in mind all the factors that you need to consider for making your selection perfect for your requirements. Few of those main factors are as follows:
Depending upon the nature of our camp usage you might want to finalize a tent. You need a spacious tent with a comfortable temperature if you are planning to camp out at a place for many days at a time.
But if you are moving your base every couple of days then you need to cut back on its installation time and the overall price too. This is because when you are constantly on the move, you will not be spending that much quality time within the tent rather than exploring the place you have just reached.
Usually, we all have a certain amount of luggage with us during any kind of outdoor trip. That is why it is better to add that into the consideration when buying a useful tent. This way, if we want a tent which can accommodate two people comfortably, we should look for one that has the capacity of at least three people. Thus, we will always have enough room in our tent for ourselves as well as the accompanying stuff.
On the basis of seasons, the three main kinds of tents available in the market are – summer/winter tent, two-season tent, and four-season tent. A summer/winter season tent will only be useful in a single season around the year. But, it is a complete waste of money if your ideal camping spot does not have just a single kind of climate.
The two season tents are usually the summer and spring season tents. They are very well ventilated and light to keep you cool at all time. The four-season tents are a bit bulky with the arrangements for keeping the tent warm in case of camping during the winter months.
Now, let us take a look at the best tents available under the price range of 100 dollars.
Best Tents Under 100 Dollars
Below we have mentioned the top 8 tents under the 100 dollars mark that will be perfect for varying outdoor requirements.
1. Coleman Hooligan Tent
This two-person tent is perfect for those Impromptu trips when you want to breathe in the fresh air in the woods. It is perfectly designed for unobstructed ventilation with good use of mesh panels at all the right points. You can easily carry it as a backpack and trek through the highs and lows of the wilderness.
- Has good UV resistance with anti-sagging properties even upon contact with water.
- Big side entry door keeps the entry and exits seamless in this tent.
- Factory taped main fly seams make it all the more useful for long time use.
- The zipper might get stuck sometimes making the use of tent all that tricky.
2. Winterial Single Person Tent
This is a lightweight backpacking tent that can be used for all kinds of hiking and camping purposes. It is perfect for as much as three people in terms of size. Mainly designed for the summer backpacking purpose with extensive open-air netting for uninterrupted ventilation.
- Weighs only 3 pounds when packed and thus easy to carry around as a backpacking tent.
- You get three bundles of strong cord along with this bivy tent.
- Get the cozy comfort even when the tent is erected over a coarse ground thanks to its 14 heavy duty stakes that never bend.
- It might not be able to keep you that comfortable and dry during humid weather.
3. Geertop 1 Person 3-4 Season Backpacking Tent
The tents have been designed to encourage us to spend more time outdoors without any kind of discomfort. They are made out of tough material which is completely waterproof and can withstand the harshest of weather conditions.
- Is fit for summer, spring and the autumn season for all kinds of outdoor activities.
- Can easily be set up in less than 10 minute due to its convenient dome shape.
- Is ultra-light, has UV protection and comes with attached aluminum poles.
- Offers minimum to no protection against rain, no matter how you choose to install it.
4. Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent Rainfly Accessory
Getting sufficient protection from the trying weather conditions might get in the way of getting proper airflow through the tent. But, Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent Rainfly Accessory allows you to open the windows and still shield yourself completely from the rains.
- Has been designed to go perfectly with the 4 x 8 ft. 8-Person Coleman Instant Tent.
- Improves the ventilation and protection from the rain throughout the tent’s surface.
- The Polyester taffeta 150D is the premium material being used in this rainfly.
- It might not perfectly fit all kinds of 8 -person tents as a perfectly fitted rainfly.
5. Mountain Trails South Bend Tent
It is a 4-person tent that boasts a total of 63 square foot area. The base size has 9ft x 7ft x 52″ of center height. This dome tent is roomy enough to move freely within it and is perfect for both car campers and hikers.
- The Stow ‘n’ Go duffel system allows you to pack it all up instantly without wasting much effort.
- Easy installation is ensured with the help of shock-corded fiberglass frame that comes with a pin-and-ring system.
- Presence of large mesh roof vents and windows all over it lets you breathe easy within it too.
- The poor quality fabric makes it a reliable option only for a season’s worth of use.
6. Coleman Sundome
This 3-person tent is designed in the dome shape for quick and easy setup. We have the sufficiently big ground vent and two big windows to have a good air flow throughout the tent. It is available in a variety of sizes including the ones with 2-person, 3-person, 4-person, and 6-person capacity.
- A well-designed rainfly allows you to have enough shade and rain protection when required.
- The snag-free material is supported by continuous pole sleeves for efficient and quick installation.
- The mesh pockets on the side of the tent walls let you keep all your knick-knacks in place.
- It can not be used during the winter season since it fails to keep you warm when the temperature drops.
7. ALPS Mountaineering Meramac 2-Person Tent
These tents are basically free standing 2-pole designs that use the shock corded fiberglass or aluminum ferrules for its anti-rusting properties. The strong and lightweight polyester fabric is used to make your entire camping experience hassle-free, every time.
- The thoughtful design of this tent includes storage pockets, gear loft, stakes, guy ropes along with two zippered window doorways.
- UV damage shield and rain protection are implemented with the help of its polyester rainfly that also offers shade around the tent.
- You enjoy the best level of airflow thanks to its mesh door and side panels that make it highly useful during camping trips.
- Its total weight is around 6 lbs that makes it quite heavy to be a backpacking tent.
8. NTK Cherokee GT 2 to 3 Person 7 by 5 Foot Sport Camping Dome Tent
The tents are easy to assemble and quite durable. The waterproof material will make sure that you stay dry even when it is pouring outside. And you will also enjoy sufficient space thanks to its dome-shaped roof.
- A micro-mosquito mesh covers the entire tent to provide you protection while letting the cool air flow seamlessly.
- Get full protection from the muddy puddles on the ground with the help of its anti-fungus seamless polyethylene and an inner silver-coated layer as the tent’s ground.
- Stay safe inside the sturdy frame of your tent that is a result of the high-quality and extra-thick Nano-Flex technology.
- It is not a good fit for people over 6 feet in height because they will keep on bumping their heads on its walls or windows.
This is all the required information that you need to dwell upon before buying your next tent.
This brings us to the end of this article. In our opinion, the NTK Cherokee GT Sports Camping Dome Tent is the best tent under 100 dollars. It offers a comfortable stay, lightweight fabric and a number of other features too that helps you in enjoying your every single outdoor stay.
Which of the above-mentioned tents do you own or are planning to buy soon? Let us know all about it in the comment section below. Also, share it with your friends and family over Facebook, Twitter and all other social media platforms that you all are on to stay connected with them.