After around 10 hours of in-depth observation and analysis of over 6 popular perception kayaks, we have reached the conclusion that Perception Kayak Carolina is the best of the lot. This is because, it offers many benefits to the owners including swiftness, stability and various customization options.
For something that fits well within your budget, try the Perception Kayak Conduit at just $403.85. It comes in a variety of colors and patterns. Also, you will find it very useful in terms of size and the tough material used in its construction.
Perception Kayaks are a well-known brand in the kayak industry. They were actually the one who came up with the concept of plastic kayaks thus making them easily affordable and hence more easily accessible to the majority of people.
General Information About Perception Kayaks
Kayaking used to be a sport only available to the affluent masses. But, the Perception Kayaks have made sure in the past 30 years of their reign that it becomes a universal sport and it definitely has. Today, adventures that you can get on with a sturdy kayak are numerous and timeless.
Where They Shine
They are known for making affordable and durable kayaks which will never fail you. The usual price range of these kayaks is from 400 – 900 dollars. And, the additional three years warranty makes this deal further sweeter for you. If you are a beginner in the world of kayaking then these are your best bet. You don’t have to shell out a fortune to polish your skills on these quality kayaks.
Room for Improvement
Everything comes with its own list of pros and cons. With these kayaks, you might not get the feel and look of an expensive kayak. But they are durable as anything. Also, they lack the drain plugs which keeps the insides bone dry. The cockpit too fails to accommodate tall people or other kayaks.
You get more good than bad with the Perception kayaks. Read on to know where and how.
Perception Kayaks Reviews
1. Perception Kayak Conduit
The Conduit is an amazing upgrade over the basic models for the seasoned players in the kayaking universe. It offers more stability, space and ability to make sharp turns with utmost ease. This model resembles a lot to the Dagger Catalyst in terms of its features but you get to buy it at a much affordable price from the house of Perception Kayaks.
It is paddle friendly and in all the ways just what you might expect from a kayak made for the advanced kayakers. The kayak is designed specifically to be used on gentle lakes and rivers. In terms of speed, stability, and other defining factors, you can always count on it.
- 13 feet in length with slender stern and bow structure which allows it to power through the water easily.
- Get better navigation signals with the help of a rudder that can easily be installed in it.
- Noticeable improvement in terms of quality and overall use is experienced when compared with its 12 feet long counterpart.
- High-density polyethylene gives it the remarkable strength to be unfazed when hit unknowingly by the hidden rocks just below the water surface during the journey.
- Easily handles as much as 295 pounds of weight which makes it perfect for other recreational activities too such as fishing, touring and others.
- The seat lacks padding which makes it uncomfortable when the trip stretches a bit too long.
- Only comes with one seat that might be a dealbreaker if you were planning anything other than solo excursions.
2. Perception Kayak Rambler
This multi-purpose kayak has been built keeping in mind all ages of people and the variety of adventures that they might feel like taking it along for. These sit-on-top kayaks are best for enjoying the light surf, ocean bays, lakes, and rivers.
This two-person kayak is designed to be extremely easy to get in and out of. It offers the utmost stability and spaciousness to its users. The padded seats and solo paddling option are few of the many benefits that you enjoy with this kayak.
- It is backed by the incredible 5 years warranty to help you more with your decision.
- Easy access storage and adjustable seats make for a more comfortable trip whenever you go for kayaking.
- Comes in three amazing shades – Heyday, Seaspray, and Sunset.
- Offers sufficient resistance against UV, abrasion, and impact to make your journey stress-free every single time.
- Varying thickness ensures a strong defense whenever required without adding on excessive baggage.
- A well – placed dry storage vault is missing even in a kayak of this price range.
- The paddle and sufficient seat padding are also absent in this kayak.
3. Perception Kayak Tribe
This three-person kayak is best for when we are planning to take our friends and family along too. It comes with two well-padded and adjustable seats along with an additional molded-in center seat fit for a kid or pet.
The highback seating arrangement makes sure that you don’t get weary during those long trips and have a decent seat to lie back and rest on. You get various small slots all over the kayak to store the big and small things that you might be carrying and don’t want to lose in the water.
- You get enough space to rest your feet with the help of molded-in footwells.
- The skid plate is there to save the kayak from any kind of damage when you are braving the strong waves.
- It can be used for solo trips with a single paddler thus making it your ideal adventure buddy.
- The lightweight body of the kayak makes it possible for you to load and unload it without needing additional help.
- The dry bags present within the kayak allows you to save your sensitive items that might get harmed with direct water contact.
- These kayaks are not as stable as you would want with kids and beginners onboard.
- The packaging issues led to the kayaks being scuffed and scratched in a few of the cases.
4. Perception Kayak Pescador Pro
You should get this kayak for exploring the length and breadth of your favorite lake, pond or any other stable water body. These are sit-on-top fishing kayaks that can be used for a variety of adventures and customized accordingly.
It is extremely lightweight thus making it easy for you to take it along on all sorts of adventures without worrying too much about its transportation process. It comes with a number of strategically placed storage areas to help you stay afloat without losing anything important to the flowing waters.
- Comes in three exciting colors, namely – Moss Camo, Red Tiger and Sonic Camo.
- The removable padded camp chairs will serve you good when you are out and about in the woods.
- Has been designed to track straight ahead even in variable conditions.
- Breathable mesh coverage accounts for all-day comfort while keeping you completely dry.
- Inbuilt buoyancy and leak-proof one-piece construction make it all that safer for multiple kayaking sessions.
- You might get the seat of the wrong size shipped along with the package.
- Some packages might be missing the important attachments points and other accessories.
5. Perception Kayak Carolina
This touring kayak is perfect for kayakers of all levels. The newbies will appreciate its rock-solid stability. And the veterans will admire it for providing them the kind of agility and speed they were looking for since so long all over the marketplace.
It can be used easily to explore the coastal areas and the inland waterways without any sort of discomfort. The accompanying 6-way adjustable seats make it possible to spend a good amount of time sitting in it and wandering through the waterways like an empty vessel.
- The extra – cushy ergonomic padding in the Zone DLX seat improves the quality of your trips immensely.
- Commendable compatibility of the cockpit with the spray skirt adds to that dry comfort.
- It can be easily steered in the desired direction with the help of a rudder which is sold separately.
- Additional leg padding along the edge of the cockpit is present for providing you support and comfort.
- Padded soft-touch carry handles are present at the back and front of the kayak for easy handling.
- At 899 dollars, it is a bit expensive when compared with other kayaks in this range.
- You might get a crooked kayak and you need to pay attention and return it promptly.
6. Perception Kayak Pescador Moss Camo Angling Kayak
It is an update on the Pescador Series and offers the best solution to the serious anglers out there who love to go fishing on any day of the week. You will find a number of features in this kayak that makes the entire fishing endeavor extremely easy on them.
The well-designed stadium seats installed within it allows you to sit in two different positions so that you can be at rest while in the kayak. You will be able to relax even better with the help of its Keepers foot brace system that will offer you enough room to stretch.
- Optimum stability and paddling ease lets you paddle around without facing any kind of difficulty.
- The complete design of this kayak is aimed at enhancing the performance to benefit the anglers.
- Easily removable stadium seats are adjustable in two relaxing positions – reclined and upright.
- The sufficiently big 5-inch deck plate will keep the kayak secure at all times.
- Enjoy the best with the 5 years of limited manufacturer’s warranty from the time of purchase.
- It might be slightly on the expensive side.
- Currently, it is not available for international shipping if you want it delivered anywhere outside the US.
All these details will help you in making an informed decision when you are going for your next purchase.
Now, we have reached the end of this article. According to us, the best kayak is Perception Kayak Carolina. Its detailed review has already familiarized you with the amazing features that make it the best in its class.
So, which perception kayak is your favorite? You can also forward it to your family and friends over the socials and let them get acquainted with the latest in the kayak industry too.