We selected top 6 ski boot bags for air travel from the current lot and analyzed it for over 9 hours. According to us, the Transpack Edge Isosceles Ski Boot Bag is the best ski boot bag for air travel out there. Its ease of adjustability and durability are few of the many features that make it our current favorite.
The most affordable option of the current spread will be the Element Equipment Boot Bag Snowboard Ski Boot Bag Pack at just under 25 dollars. Its commitment to offering the premium quality at competitive prices makes it a hit among the buyers across the world.
A proper ski boot bag for air travel makes your journey all that easier on you. You can just stuff the boots inside the bag, zip it shut and forget about it till its finally time to ski. This way you will be protecting your ski boots from getting scratched, lost or tempered with while you are busy with other stuff.
Main Factors to Consider Before Buying
You can keep in mind the following important points to make a better selection the next time. Read on to know all the things you need to pay extra attention to before virtually or actually swiping your card.
Airline Travel Compatible
It will be in the best interest of both you and the airline you are travelling with if you check their carry-on luggage policy beforehand. Majority of the ski boot bags are not designed to be compatible with the airline carry-on policies.
These bags will always be a bit too big to fit under your seat or in the average overhead compartment. However, if you know about this then you can go for the ski boot bag specially customized for the air travel purpose. You wont have to spend extra time and efforts discussing the alternative options with the airline officials that gets your ski boots transported to the destination somehow.
Their is the gate-checking service that will almost always come to your rescue but this service is rarer than expected. Usually, your ski bag and the ski boot bag will be counted as a single check-in luggage in airlines that fly to or nearby the ski resort locations. The specially designed ski boot bag for air travel will rescue you from all these kind of troubles for years to come.
The two main things to take care of in the body of the ski boot bags are the zippers and the fabric. Always go for a bag that comes with beefy zippers and make sure that it is not bursting at the seams. Prevent overstuffing with the useless knick-knacks to keep the zippers and the seam in perfect condition.
Synthetic fabrics and polyesters are the fabrics of choice in case of the ski boot bags. These fabric materials demonstrate remarkable waterproof property and durability. The ballistic denier value with a tight weave are few of the features that can nudge you towards a reliable choice.
You need the interior lining, padding and other useful features in case of the ski boot bag for air travel. These features will help the bag in keeping your ski-boot in perfect condition throughout the flight. Most of the high-end ski boot bags nowadays come with one or other such helpful specifications.
The brands try their best to make the bag look good while taking the best care of your ski boots. This led to the creation of trapezoidal bags which dominate the market when it comes to the ski boot bags. The logic behind this shape was to accommodate both the calf and foot part of the boots comfortably inside the bag.
Thus, you don’t have to keep the zip of your bags ever so slightly open to make room for your ski gear. The structure of the bag is cross between the soft luggage and the handbag. This way, you get the handles and a single shoulder strap to carry them around conveniently.
The latest bags have more of a backpack feel to them, So you get two shoulder straps, the waist strap and the chest strap for easier usage. You need to pick a style that makes you feel most comfortable without getting too carried away by the captivating but useless options.
You trap snow, mud and God knows what into your ski boots as you glide through one slope after the other. The last thing you want is to make your ski boots and the bag an unintentional swampy log pumping out toxic mushrooms. Just go for a bag with proper drainage and vents to avoid this moldy aftermath at all cost.
The drainage and vents present in the bag will help air out the moisture, smell and the melted snow easily. Clean and hang it out to properly dry out and be fresh as a daisy flowerbed for the next ski trip. Do the same for the ski boots to improve their utility span. Pack them back together and through into the Narnia-end of the cupboard to keep them safely tucked away till the next ski trip.
A Good Fit
‘One size fits all’ is the urban myth that the shopping portals use more generously than the bubblewrap. You absolutely need to measure the height and length of your boot before getting a suitable bag for it. You can even carry a boot with you or both to see if the bag will be able to accommodate both.
The latest ski boot bags also have sufficient space to fit in other ski accessories. You get suitable pockets and slots to keep the helmet, gloves and even electronics. By spending just a few extra bucks, you can get one of these resourceful bags and travel comfortably.
Or, you can take help from the fixer upper in you and make the most out of your current bag. Stuff the goggles and other fragile items in the boots before packing them safely within the bag. You can also fit in your socks, hats and glove liners within the boots in an organized manner and march ahead.
Internal and External Features
Starting from the outside, you get good contouring and padding on the shoulder straps and handles for easy carrying purposes. All the high-end backpack style ski boot bags come with good padding and webbing on the handles for comfort purposes.
Some bags might also offer the option of carrying the ski boots outside rather than inside. The sling or webbing is used to secure the boots outside. However, they lack any protective coating on the outside to protect them from rain and snow. So the boots might end up getting the insides of the bag wet.
There are a few models that come with bungee chords to easily hang the ski pants or the wet jackets. This way you are traveling with a makeshift coat hanger too just in case the need arises for one. Avoid placing any fragile item such as the goggles and electronics in the outside pocket to prevent the obvious damage.
Just take care of these few factors and your next purchase is going to serve you well for years.
Best Ski Boot Bag Reviews
We have compiled a list of our top 6 selections. Read on to know more about their pros and cons for assessing them according to your requirements.
1. Sportube Overheader Boot Bag
You get ample space with the Sportube Overheader Boot Bag to carry along with you wherever you desire. The 50 liters capacity makes room for your boots, helmets, thermals and a lot more. The black/green and the black/orange are the two shades that these bags are currently available in. The reasonable price of around 120 dollars makes them a ski-season must have.
- Enjoy full three years of manufacturer’s warranty with this bag.
- Count on its durability and performance with the high-end plastic and metal components along with the YKK zippers.
- The 840D Poly materials and padding make it lightweight and durable to survive even the worst of the ski season.
- The boots of size 12 and above will not be able to fit in this bag comfortably.
2. Athletico Ski Boot Bag – Skiing and Snowboarding Travel Luggage – Stores Gear Including Jacket, Helmet, Goggles, Gloves & Accessories – Venting and Grommets for Snow Drainage
This bag has been designed keeping in mind the main requirements of the ski and snowboarding activities. Currently, you can get it in three attractive shades – Pink, Buffalo Plaid and Black with White Trim. Priced just under the 50 dollars mark, this bag accommodates both your budget and belongings well.
- The top and front padded handles, padded lumbar back support and hidden carrying straps assure ultimate travel comfort.
- The reflective piping on the side and carrying handles alerts both incoming vehicles and skiers when it gets too dark or foggy.
- Secure your goggles and gloves at the bungee-corded front while listening to your favorite tracks uninterrupted from the headphone port of the front pocket.
- The shoulder straps of some of these bags might not last for long with careless usage.
3. Element Equipment Boot Bag Snowboard Ski Boot Bag Pack
Carry your ski/snowboarding world along with you when you have one of these highly useful bags. You need just about 25 dollars to get your hands on one of these amazing bags. You have 11 different color option to choose from in case of these bags including Red, Solid Blue/Black, Pink, Aztec, and others.
- They easily fit as big as Men size 13 boots and your other important belongings.
- Your gear is provided ultimate durability and water protection with the 600D PVC Coated Polyester material that is used in its creation.
- The double stitching, carry handles, lined interior, padded bottom and shoulder strap lets you enjoy the benefits that come with reinforced stitching.
- The durability might become an issue with few of the defected models.
4. Athalon EVERYTHING BOOT BAG/BACKPACK – SKI – SNOWBOARD – HOLDS EVERYTHING – (BOOTS, HELMET, GOGGLES, GLOVES)
Enjoy the best of organization and comfort that comes with the Athalon EVERYTHING BOOT BAG/BACKPACK. You can get one for yourself in one of the 29 dazzling colors that it comes in. Save up just around 65 dollars and you can start flaunting its style and comforts in no time.
- The total capacity of this bag is 58.5 liters while weighing well under 3.8 lbs.
- There are gloves in each pocket for keeping track of the small accessories such as the keys, gloves and other items.
- Keep it clean an dry at all times with the bottom drainage grommets and waterproof PVC bottom present in it.
- The reinforced stitching is missing making it fall apart with just a bit of exertion.
5. Swix Norwegian National Team Tripack
The best of affordability and comfort is found in the Swix Norwegian National Team Tripack. Proper padding on the straps, a tough exterior, and spacious interiors are few of the features that will make you instantly get a liking to it. The under 95 dollars price margin makes it easily accessible to most of the skiing population.
- The U-shaped large main compartment will allow you to stuff all your belongings easily within it.
- Get premium ventilation and support with the help of its padded air mesh back panel and S-shaped adjustable shoulder straps.
- There are ventilation and drainage grommets in both the zipped side compartments.
- It might be a bit too large to carry with you on all kinds of ski trips.
6. Transpack Edge Isosceles Ski Boot Bag
The outstanding construction and storage capacity make it stand out among the latest line of ski boot bags. Available in over 12 incredible shades, this under 60 dollars bag delivers a power-packed performance for its users.
- The innovative Isosceles Storage System offers enough room to store ski boots and other important items carefully.
- Neoprene shoulder straps are sufficiently padded and are adjustable in nature.
- The nylon coil zippers come with features like double locking and self-repairing.
- The size chart for these bags might be misleading with its dimensions.
This was our take on the top 6 ski boot bags of the current lot.
Skiing is synonymous to the ice-covered slopes. Don’t let the silly errors of packing and traveling keep you from having a good time this winter season. Transpack Edge Isosceles Ski Boot Bag is our best bet for getting the most out of your ski trips without any trouble.
Tell us about your recent experience with ski boot bags in the comment section below. Also, forward it to your friends and family to make their ski trips all that easier.