Update – January 2022
[We have added a new sleeping bag liner brand at #7 to make this list more exhaustive and current for our readers. Another quick update, product #4 is discontinued on Amazon for now.]
After a thorough analysis of over 11 hours, we can say with utmost confidence that the Litume All Season Sleeping Bag Liner is the best sleeping bag liner out there at present. This liner performed exceptionally among the top 7 sleeping bag liners that we picked for this analysis. It accompanies you with its warm and expansive company on all your ventures. It is very easy to use, clean and store without compromising on your sleep quality.
A more affordable option in this range is the ALPS Mountaineering MicroFiber Mummy Sleeping Bag Liner. It lets us enjoy the best in terms of latest sleeping bag liner features even with our budget constraints.
Let us explore further why and how we can make the most out of our favorite sleeping bags with the help of these trendy sleeping bag liners.
Factors To Consider Before Buying
We can accomplish anything in the world with a good night’s sleep. Although it often eludes us, that should not be the case while we are out conquering the world one camp trip at a time. We need a refreshing and deep sleep every night on our trip to enjoy throughout the day, at least at our leisure camping time.
This is when the very useful sleeping bag liner comes into the picture. It protects us and our sleeping bag both from all kinds of elements that might be harmful. Also, it is extremely portable which makes things even easier for us.
The two main shapes in which the sleeping bag liners are majorly available to include the Mummy and Rectangular shape. Each one fits a specific bill and lacks in a few other sectors. Most of the people, however, are biased towards the rectangular shape liners. This is because they give more room to the user for free movement while using it.
The mummy liners, on the other hand, come in handy when we require a snug fit. This requirement can be because of the protection required from the bugs in the wilderness or from the chilly weather. But once we are inside the bag, the movement of our limbs is mostly restricted that might not be a comfortable situation for most of the people.
At present, these two sleeping bags are supposedly doing well in a number of terrains. And that helps us in narrowing down our choices more rationally so that we end up with the best option that the market has in store for us.
While on a hike or any other similar outdoor activity, we require the basic gears but we don’t want to be weighed down by them. This is why it is better to invest in the lightest and most compact gears that will get the job done for us without weighing us down. The sleeping bag liners that we carry along with us need to be of a similar nature too.
Mostly, the silk and polyester sleeping bag liners are the ones that save enough space for us without having us make a huge sacrifice in terms of quality. That is why most of the smart campers go with either of them while going out on a hike with friends and family.
We want our food, water, sleeping gear, and other essential necessities to fit in just one bag. This indicates that the silk and polyester liners are our best bet when we are planning to make our carry bags as light and compact as possible.
Just because the weather decides to play games with us does not mean that our hiking or trekking plans should suffer. If the winter is coming then we will conquer it with all our might! Polyester and microfibre sleeping bag liners are the ideal choices for colder temperatures.
They are strong, compact and add the much-needed warmth to our sleeping bags so that we always sleep like a baby even in the face of a blizzard! We don’t shiver to sleep. That just means that it is going to be yet another endless frigid night where we wait for the sun to come up and thaw us back to life.
But when we have the warmest of sleeping bag liners at our disposal then it makes no sense to let our body suffer like that. It is only after a warm and cozy night of sleep that we will be able to march on into the face of the freezing peaks and win over every challenge that nature might throw at us!
Nowadays, the sleeping bag liners are available in a wide range of material. Cotton, silk, microfiber, and polyester are the four main materials in which the liners can be found largely. Microfiber liners are the bulkiest and they are mainly used when we require a warm lining to our sleeping bags.
The cheapest liners are made of polyester but it takes a toll on the skin hence not the most ideal for frequent use. Then comes the cotton ones that are considerably cheap and quite easy to wash also. But inside them, you will often start sweating soon.
It will make the insides of the sleeping bag smelly and unhygienic pretty soon. Silk bag liners are the best and fare outstanding with respect to various criteria. They are a bit high on the price but they also justify it well with the luxurious comfort which they deliver.
5. Beats the Bug Bites
It all comes down to our choices. We can either suffer the toxic insect bites while camping out and sleeping inside our sleeping bags. Or we can treat the back and front of it with insecticides to enjoy that elusive deep sleep all the time. Even when we choose to slumber under the stars, fireflies and everything else that the jungle might have planned to annoy us with.
Permethrin-treated liners are a good option when we know we are going to a mosquito or other insect-borne place for hiking pretty soon. Or we can treat the liners ourselves with the help of an aerosol spray or pump.
This spray will stay effective for a lot of use even after multiple washes. We just need to make sure that we are not highly allergic to them. Ideally, the insecticide treatment of the liner will help us to explore the unseen without much trouble.
Best Sleeping Bag Liners
We have selected the top six sleeping bag liners that are currently ruling the market. Keep reading to know which one will suit you the best.
1. Sea to Summit Reactor Extreme Thermolite Liner
If you want to extend the usage of your sleeping bag to multiple seasons then the Sea to Summit Reactor Extreme Thermolite Liner is your best option. They are said to add up to 25F (14C) of warmth to our sleeping bags. These liners are known to be one of the warmest and most compact liners in the market at present.
- The dense 110g/m2 Thermolite construction throughout makes it ideal for colder regions.
- Stretchable ends and overall area give us enough comfort even with its mummy configuration.
- It comes with a box foot which makes us feel less constricted and adds to the comfort in both the sleeping and awake state.
- The accompanying ultra-slim stuff sack makes it easy on us during the packing and moving time.
- Comes with the drawcord hood which is guarded with its mini cord lock that adds to its functionality.
- It is useful only in the winter season and not at all in the sweltering summer season.
- We require a really warm sleeping bag to explore its warmth potential fully.
2. The Friendly Swede Travel and Camping Sheet Sleeping Bag Liner
With the silky texture of the liner, it becomes infinitely easy to enjoy a long and deep sleep. It is perfect for both indoors and outdoors. We can use it for the sleepover and even on our beds to make them cozier during those freezing winter nights.
- Being very compact in size, it is very easy to pack them up with the rest of our stuff and carry along on trips.
- Sufficient dimension of 41″ x 86″ (105 x 220cm) makes it possible for us to just stretch out and sleep like a starfish if we want to!
- Folds down and easily fits into its 6″x8″ pocket that makes it extremely easy to carry around with us.
- Gives good relief from the bedbug situation in those nasty hostel locations where cleanliness is more of an option.
- Helps in increasing the lifespan of our sleeping bags by keeping them free from sweat and bacteria at all times with its protective cover.
- We could have used a bigger size and the option of opening it all the way down for more room during its use.
- Durability becomes an issue with this liner which makes it essential for us to invest in some high-quality bed sheets.
3. Cocoon MummyLiner – Coolmax
This range of sleeping liners has been designed specifically to deal with the problem of locked up moisture. Getting rid of the unwanted moisture makes it easy to keep the sleeping bags in their prime for a longer duration of time.
- Made up of 100 percent polyester, it helps with the easy management of moisture with the fastest drying technology.
- Has the four- channel fiber system that moves the sweat away from the body in an organized manner.
- Lack the side opening or zipper to offer the same dry and clean feel throughout the liner.
- Highly breathable fabric makes it easy to keep the insides clean and fresh for a longer duration of time.
- Keep both the sleeping bag and the user dry for a considerable amount of time thus adding to the comfort.
- Bedbugs do sneak into the liner thus making it extremely inconvenient to use them in a location having a serious bedbug problem.
- The absence of zipper makes it difficult to get into the sleeping bag without ruining the whole set up.
4. Adaptor Sleeping Bag Liner
As one of the most reliable climates controlled sleeping bag, it provides a good defense against the warm and humid climate. Made up completely of the Coolmax fabric, it offers that dry and comfortable feel even when the mercury is plummeting.
- This liner is known to wick the excessive moisture from the body and give a clean and dry feel.
- The fabric has a stretchy feel to it which allows us to sleep with no restraint within it.
- Has been designed to work effectively in a variety of temperatures and humidity range.
- Works as a versatile sleeping system that can be used by itself or can be added to amplify the utility of a layered sleeping system.
- Helps to keep the sleeping bag clean at all times and is machine washable with the utmost ease of use.
- The insect-shield does not work well after a couple of uses thus making it defenseless against the bug problem after a while.
- A bit pricey form people who are on a budget but still want to enjoy the best in sleeping bag liners.
5. ALPS Mountaineering MicroFiber Mummy Sleeping Bag Liner
Has been marketed as the best solution to keep the sleeping bags clean and fresh at all times. Since this liner will absorb all the incoming moisture and dirt, we just need to remove it and throw it into the washer to get that squeaky clean feel back into our sleeping bag and life!
- Comes with a total of 5 separating zippers that will make the things much more organized for us.
- Standard stuff sack will let us carry it in its customized carry pocket and make the packing chore simpler for us.
- High-quality microfibre fabric is known to keep us warm and cozy at night when the temperature drops.
- During the summertime, it can also be used as a sheet when we don’t require thick blankets to keep ourselves warm.
- Is very thin for the amount of warmth that it delivers making it an essential for the next mountaineering session.
- The fabric is not as soft on the skin as this range is famous for in terms of its liner launches.
- Customer service is not helpful at all thus making it difficult for customers to enjoy the benefits of this product fully.
6. Cocoon Silk MummyLiner
A silk liner is the best investment we can make in term of useful sleeping gear. The liners made out of this fabric are hot and dry during the summers and comfortably warm during the winter season. They also feel extremely soft against the skin thus increasing the coziness of the liner.
- Quite easy to machine or hand wash it thus increasing its applicability for consistent usage.
- Dries quickly which makes it perfect for use in all kinds of temperatures since it will never have the foul-smelling moisture trapped within it.
- Ripstop Silk is more tear-resistant and durable as compared to the regular silk hence the liners made out of it are going to last longer than the average silk liners.
- The liner is woven in a grid-like structure of strong silk threads that are known to impart it a certain level of toughness.
- Comes with a small carry bag that is conveniently able to contain it in a compact form and size.
- The substandard quality of the product does no justice to its price.
- Poor stitching comes off after using it just a couple of times only.
7. Litume All Season Sleeping Bag Liner Adds Up to 27F, Lightweight Mummy Sleeping Sack for Backpacking, Camping, with Drawstring Hood and Stuff Sack
The liner offers advanced heat retention and the drawstring hood further helps you stay cozy on your adventures. Get one for yourself in just under 60 dollars.
- You get enough leg room with its Foot box design.
- The insides of the line stay clean and fresh for longer thanks to its breathable and moisture wicking fabric.
- It comes with a very convenient travel bag and the liner itself weighs just 480 gm/1 lbs.
- The anti-pill fleece material will keep it as good as new for years to come.
- This liner is machine washable and offers you a 27F warmer sleeping environment.
- The drawstring is on only one side of the hood.
- It might not be as lightweight as other liners you are used to by now.
These are our top recommendations from this year if you are on the lookout for a premium product.
A liner is a must if you own a sleeping bag. There are a number of ways in which the liner allows us to use our same old sleeping bag is a more efficient manner. Currently, the best option in terms of the available liners has to be the Litume All Season Sleeping Bag Liner. It works well with a variety of sleeping bags to give you that relaxing experience. Also, it is resistant to stains, moisture and other irritants that might interfere with a quality experience.
Finally, did you find this post helpful in any manner? If yes then do share it with your friends and family over your socials. Tell us which liner you already own or are most inclined to buy in the comment section below.